Monday, September 14, 2015

Mourn with those that mourn

I have seen this first hand in my family as well as in my extended family. More particularly what Henry B. Eyring said in the second paragraph. It's a miracle, an absolute miracle, the way The Lord lifts our burdens in ever literal sense of the word. Tasks that seem impossible during that time of morning seem doable and easy. People offer up help, things seem to fall into place, impossible tasks seem to have already worked themselves out and so on. Maybe that's why we are commanded to, "mourn with those that mourn...and comfort those that stand in need of comfort." 
It just shows me that the Lord is mindful of us and is merciful to us. It reminds me that he knows how we feel because of that one lonely night in the Garden of Gethsemane. What would this World do without Him? 

"Recently three generations of a family were grieving at the death of a five-year-old boy. He died accidentally while with his family on a vacation. I was granted the opportunity to watch once again how the Lord blesses the faithful with relief and the strength to endure.

I watched the way the Lord made their great burden lighter. I was with them as the Lord’s covenant servant--as you will be often in your life--“to mourn with those that mourn … and comfort those that stand in need of comfort.”

Henry B. Eyring, The Comforter
April 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment