Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A busy life a badge of honor???

I LOVE this. While it is important to remain productive...with anything I believe our "badge of honor" needs to be in moderation. I love how the Spirit can speak to each of us and we can honestly ask ourselves and then honestly KNOW for ourselves how we fit into the below statement by President Uchtdorf:
"Isn’t it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life.
Is it?
I think of our Lord and Exemplar, Jesus Christ, and His short life among the people of Galilee and Jerusalem. I have tried to imagine Him bustling between meetings or multitasking to get a list of urgent things accomplished.
I can’t see it."

-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment