Sunday, August 17, 2014

What kind of servant am I? What kind of servant are you?

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.

27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;

D&C 58:26-27
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/58?lang=eng

I love how there are two parts to this; anxiously and engaged:

Anxiously-I think of a child on Christmas morning. Are we as anxious as a child on Christmas morning to fulfill our callings and Gospel obligations?

Engaged-I think of an employee just going through the motions at work half-heartedly, only doing the bare minimum to just get by. Are we being the spiritual "go-getters" that some of us are in our jobs? If we are working harder and are more engaged with our work responsibilities than we are with our Gospel responsibilities, we have room for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment